The flagship game from Los Angeles-based mobile game developer Jam City, Panda Pop, has reached over 9.3 million monthly active users and climbed above its 100 millionth download.
The tentpole game for MySpace founder Chris DeWolfes latest LA-based juggernaut of a company has certainly had its moment.
Now, after swallowing TinyCo last year, DeWolfe is likely hoping that the undiminished popularity of Panda Pop can continue to be the base on which Jam City builds its future.
Given that the TinyCo acquisition is less than a year old, its not surprising that the titles Jam City has launched and acquired have yet to hit their stride.
According to the latest ratings from App Annie, Jam City has two games in the top 100 top revenue grossing games, Cookie Jam (coming in at No. 30) and Panda Pop (at No. 43). Genies & Gems and Juice Jam and Family Guy The Quest for Stuff round out the companys top five titles and show just how far the new TinyPop titles have to go to really hit their stride.
That said, theres no denying the quality of a sustained winner, and the companys core match 3 and reliance on puzzle games hasnt let it down.
Indeed, DeWolfes approach is also taking the existing titles in the companys roster into international markets. We do some pretty deep localization in Japan, DeWolfe told me in an interview a few months ago.
Europe and Japan have been the key geographies outside of the U.S. for DeWolfe and Jam City as it looks to grow its gaming empire.
All of this is being done with an eye toward an initial public offering sometime in the next 18 months, DeWolfe has said.
The company is heading toward roughly $400 million in revenue for this year and has targeted the middle of 2019 at the latest for its public offering.
Over the past seven years, Jam City (which was formerly known as SGN), has grown through a series of acquisitions, mirroring the boom and bust cycles of the rest of the industry.
Initially emboldened by the possibility of Kings public offering in 2015, the company had set a target of 2017 for a public offering, but kicked that can down the road when King fizzled in its public debut.
Still, the TinyCo acquisition and its partnerships with Marvel Studios and Fox hold the opportunity for future content. Indeed, as it heads into its public offering, Jam City intends to launch six games in the next year alone.
Coupling that with the 100 percent annual year on year revenue growth that the company reports, and theres a recipe for one of the next big Los Angeles startup wins just over the horizon.
Forbes photo shoot at Jam City, Culver City, CA, 5/17/17.
See the original post:
Panda Pop passes 100 million users as Jam City readies for an IPO – TechCrunch
- PUZZLE GAMES Online - Play Free Puzzle Games at Poki.com! - May 3rd, 2019
- Puzzle Games - Build Your Brain - Agame.com - April 24th, 2019
- Jigsaw Puzzle Games| Free Online Puzzles for Kids and ... - April 9th, 2019
- Page 5 of Puzzle games, Free puzzle games - Dailygames.com - April 3rd, 2019
- Amazon Best Sellers: Best Puzzles - April 3rd, 2019
- Puzzle Games - Dailygames.com - April 3rd, 2019
- Numbers 0-10 Puzzle Game | Game | Education.com - April 3rd, 2019
- Braingle Brain Teasers, Puzzles, Riddles, Trivia and Games - April 3rd, 2019
- The Brain Game 2 - Free online games at Gamesgames.com - April 2nd, 2019
- Free puzzle games for kids - play online - March 16th, 2019
- Play FREE Online Puzzle Games at FreeKI Games - March 16th, 2019
- Home | Labyrinth Games & Puzzles - February 1st, 2019
- Amazon.com: Puzzles: Toys & Games: Jigsaw Puzzles, Brain ... - January 29th, 2019
- The Impossible Quiz - Free Online Puzzle Games from ... - January 8th, 2019
- Free Puzzle Games - Download Word Puzzle, Jigsaw Puzzle ... - December 20th, 2018
- Puzzle Games - Free Online Puzzle Games - Page 5 - November 27th, 2018
- Free Online Jigsaw Puzzles & Games | Play for Free - November 27th, 2018
- Chess Puzzle of the Day - Can You Solve It? - October 12th, 2018
- Free Puzzle Games - Play Games For Free - September 30th, 2018
- Play Free Puzzle Games Online - 4J.Com - September 29th, 2018
- Free Jigsaw Puzzles - Jigsaw Puzzle Games at ... - September 29th, 2018
- Empty Room Escape - Free Online Puzzle Games from AddictingGames - August 21st, 2018
- Puzzle Games | Disney LOL - August 21st, 2018
- Play Crossword | Puzzles USA Today - August 21st, 2018
- Simply Jigsaw - Free online games at Gamesgames.com - August 2nd, 2018
- Puzzle Games - Games at Royalgames.com - July 28th, 2018
- Puzzle Games - Free Download - GameTop - July 14th, 2018
- Puzzle Games - Free Online Puzzle Games - July 3rd, 2018
- Play Free Puzzles Games - Super Games - October 4th, 2017
- 'Wayout' Is the Next Colorful Minimalistic Puzzle Title From Dropout Games, and Is in Need of Beta Testers - Touch Arcade - September 7th, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Adds Six New Games Today - GameSpot - September 7th, 2017
- Settling in and exploring new avenues: Gram Games on moving from a small studio to a mid-size company - Pocket Gamer.Biz - September 7th, 2017
- 'Octopuz' Is a Memory Puzzle Game Made by a 13-Year-Old - Touch Arcade - September 6th, 2017
- The Guides Axiom Review: Bewilderingly Delightful - Gamezebo - September 6th, 2017
- Death Squared Review Drop In, Drop Out - DualShockers - September 6th, 2017
- 'Fed up with fantasies for male teenagers': fixing the depiction of women in games - The Guardian - September 6th, 2017
- Gamers Offered a Treasure Trove of Classic, Puzzle, and Strategy Free Games: MyRealGames Announces Latest ... - Canada NewsWire (press release) - September 6th, 2017
- Join The Knight Watch, a frenetic puzzle game for iPhone... and Apple Watch ! - Develop - September 6th, 2017
- CAPCOM announces Puzzle Fighter, a new puzzle game with ... - Android Community - September 6th, 2017
- Last Day of June Is Beautiful, Touching And Emotionally Draining - Kotaku - September 5th, 2017
- Knack 2 review - Polygon - September 5th, 2017
- Go head-to-head in Capcom's new free 'Puzzle Fighter' mobile game - Digital Trends - September 5th, 2017
- Steam's rules about adult content continue to baffle - PC Gamer - September 5th, 2017
- 'Tiny Bubbles' Is a Puzzle Game That's Way More in Depth Than We Were Expecting at PAX - Touch Arcade - September 3rd, 2017
- Review: The Bridge - Nintendo Life - September 3rd, 2017
- Pax West 2017 The Gardens Between - DVS Gaming (registration) (blog) - September 2nd, 2017
- Capcom is finally releasing a new Puzzle Fighter game, and it's coming to Android later this year - Android Police - September 1st, 2017
- Can you solve it? Riddles inspired by card tricks - The Guardian - September 1st, 2017
- Challenge to end stalemate over $1 million maths puzzle - The Courier - September 1st, 2017
- 'Simple' chess puzzle holds key to $1m prize - Phys.Org - September 1st, 2017
- The Puzzles of Marcel Duchamp - Foyles - September 1st, 2017
- Did you solve it? Riddles inspired by card tricks - The Guardian - September 1st, 2017
- Capcom's 'Puzzle Fighter' Brings the Classic Game to Mobile - Touch Arcade - September 1st, 2017
- David Darling's Kwalee launches addictive puzzle game TENS! - Develop - September 1st, 2017
- Hard Rock teams up with game studio to make mobile puzzle-match game - VentureBeat - August 31st, 2017
- Sanrio's Hello Kitty & Friends has become a puzzle game? - Develop - August 30th, 2017
- Gram Games' puzzle masters unleash Merge Town | GamesBeat ... - VentureBeat - August 30th, 2017
- Absurd Puzzle Adventure Game Maize Coming to PS4 and Xbox One in September - DualShockers - August 30th, 2017
- Cyan partners with Legendary Pictures to add backstory to Obduction - VentureBeat - August 29th, 2017
- This New Version of Solitaire Is Being Released on Floppy Disks - Motherboard - August 29th, 2017
- Google Play Indie Games Festival unveils 20 finalists - VentureBeat - August 29th, 2017
- What Makes a Great Tutorial? - IGN - August 28th, 2017
- Gamescom 2017: Hands on with Transference, a decidedly unsettling VR puzzle game - Critical Hit - August 28th, 2017
- Acclaimed VR Puzzle Game 'FORM' Now Available for Oculus Rift - Road to VR - August 26th, 2017
- The Witness and Obduction Creators Come Together to Talk Game Design - PlayStation LifeStyle - August 26th, 2017
- Get to know: Rocketship Park, Ontario-based makers of the addictive new puzzle game Block Droppin' - Financial Post - August 25th, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Eshop Adds Three New Games Today - GameSpot - August 25th, 2017
- Hands-On: Xing The Land Beyond Is An Atmospheric VR Puzzle Game About The Afterlife - UploadVR - August 23rd, 2017
- Can YOU name these classic computer games? Use the photo clues to name all 22 favourites - The Sun - August 22nd, 2017
- ChromaGun Review Color Me Happy - DualShockers - August 22nd, 2017
- 5 new restaurants and retailers coming to The Greene - Dayton Daily News - August 21st, 2017
- Video Game News Recap - GeekDad (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- Tiny Bubbles Coming Soon - DVS Gaming (registration) (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- Game Day: Pigeon Wings - MacStories - August 19th, 2017
- Video game review: If you're ready for a puzzle, then 'The Room 3' delivers - The Register-Guard - August 18th, 2017
- Maze Walk VR Review - Gearbrain (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Evergrow for iPhone proves matching-based puzzle games are actually super exciting - Macworld - August 18th, 2017
- This stick-figure Western is one of the funniest games in ages - A.V. Club - August 18th, 2017
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy review for good and bad, it's not Nathan Drake - VentureBeat - August 17th, 2017
- Tri-town libraries announce upcoming programs - Wicked Local Marion - August 17th, 2017